Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Writer's Drought!

These pages aren't going to write themselves? 



Okay, I need help, so please pray! I have not written in my book since May of this year. I don't know why I can't anchor down, focus on this assignment, and finish it.  I in good faith can not call this writer's block. It is a drought! And what's sad is I have a drought every year with this same book? 

 This is a really good book, and I only have two chapters left. Since my last post I added another chapter so that also put me a little behind. I also hired a professional editor and they've  red striped every other line, giving me even more work to do out side of writing.  Now it's not that I've been idle.  I have been writing just not in this book that I have vowed to finish and get published year after year!  I know this book is the work of God because I have been hindered so much that it is ridiculous!? But when I do manage to write something it is spirit revelation. There is no way that I could write some of this content on my own. This is good stuff, I have to finish and get this book out.  

 I've researched self publishing, marketing strategies for my book etc. I've been trying to find ways to earn extra money writing articles so that I can fund my self publishing efforts, as well as turn writing  into my dream career.(That's another post for another day)  All of this stuff is productive work, but  its keeping me from actually writing on the pages of this book which is the priority!   

My prayer:  

"Lord I pray for rain. I am in a serious drought with this work that you have given me.  Please forgive me for not being focused enough to finish. I know that you could have called anyone to write this particular book and you chose me. Lord I plead the blood of Jesus over any hindrance,  or procrastination spirit that will try to keep me from completing your work. I bind slothfulness. I loose diligent obedience to you in this specific matter. Let it overtake me until it is finished!  Please help me to fill the pages of this book with your words only and let them be eternally healing to the reader.  Help me to successfully edit it in a timely manner as well. 

I know Lord that if I focus I could finish this book before the Fall begins.  I know Lord that once it is finished that you will do the rest of the work. You have already gone before me.  I can do all things through Christ that Strengthens me, There is nothing too hard for you. I thank you for your strength and I thank you for victory in Jesus' name Amen."    


Okay that's it, it's done...drought over, I'm finishing!      

Be blessed until next time! 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chan, I just happen to be browsing the web looking for braiding hair to get some micros when I came across your site about happy hair. After reading the things on your page I notice you stated you were a woman of God and a writer. Two of the same things I am so that drew my attention to your writing blog. I get here only to find the most profound prayer about writing that I have ever heard. Sister, all I have to say is you are AMAZING!!!! I was so uplifted with that prayer and I can totally relate to it...I love how you associate writers drought as oppose to writers block, there is truly a difference. I am a praise poet also working on a book but I haven't even begun the book process. I’m still in the writing process of my poems and although I perform them live at various functions and events, the people want more and copies. Copies I cant deliver before the completion of copyrights and publishing. My writings are all inspired through life experience but most importantly through the deliverance with scripture (bible) the Lord. God chose me to spread his gospel with a rhythm sound so I too know he wants me to do this and finish things. Thank you for starting this blog and thank you for being obedient to your calling. I look so forward to your book and will pray for you through this journey of completion.

    Be encouraged!

    Sister Kendra Morgan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sister Kendra! Oh it did my heart well to see that someone actually commented on my writers blog! lol. It really did encourage my spirit because I often desire to connect with other writers in hopes that it will inspire me more to get going on these books, and its just good to communicate with other writers for Christ especially.

      Do you have a blog or some place online that you list your poems? It's such a humbling experience writing is, and especially writing for God because it is the spirit of God that speaks, and moves that "pen" so to speak. And after every piece I write for Him I am amazed at what is staring back at me, seriously God is awesome! Thank you so much for the encouraging words and even though that prayer was straight from my heart to God, I am so thrilled that it uplifted you! The spirit has a way of connect us! God bless you sister and please don't be a stranger.

      Delete
  2. I so know the feeling. It's a horrible one at that. I hope that you find the inspiration needed to get her done. I'm looking forward to adding it to my list of must reads. Saw a previous comment on another post that you were looking for petite fashion bloggers....I stand at only 5'4" so I certainly fall in this category. It's hard to find inspiration for us petite beauties. You can check me out at fashionablyfab.com. xoxo

    ReplyDelete